MahaDBT Registration 2020: Candidates can enroll themselves through the MahaDBT registration for availing of the various scholarships. For those not in the know, MahaDBT is a premier online scholarship portal run by the Government of Maharashtra. It provides 38 post-matric scholarships that are offered by various departments falling under the purview of the state government.
We have provided a detailed insight into the registration process. Please go through the instructions to avoid any unforeseen errors or mistakes. Moreover, please ensure that you have ready access to scanned copies of your marks cards, family income certificates, and other important documents.
The official link to access the MahaDBT registration portal is https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/RegistrationLogin/RegistrationLogin
Maha DBT Registration – How To Apply?
Candidates that wish to avail of the scholarships must ensure that they follow these steps.
- Visit the Aaple Sarkar DBT portal: https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/
- Click on the box titled “New Applicant Registration”.
- Candidates are required to provide their Aadhar numbers in order to continue with their registration.
- The next step involves authentication – the candidate can choose between One Time Password (OTP) or biometric authentication.
- Choose OTP if your mobile number is registered with Aadhar, else you can proceed with biometric authentication.
- Please note: We have chosen OTP authentication for convenience. Hence, the following steps are specific to OTP authentication.
- Enter the Aadhar number in the required field and click on “Send OTP”. The system will send an OTP to your registered mobile number. Enter the same in the registration field and click “OK.”
- If the verification is successful, then the candidate’s details will automatically be retrieved from UIDAI and auto-populated in their respective fields.
- Create a username for login purposes. Please note that the username should be composed of only alphabets and numbers. Moreover, the length should be less than 15 characters, yet more than 4 characters.
- When creating a password, ensure that the minimum character length is 8 and the maximum is 20. Furthermore, your password must contain at least 1 upper case alphabet, 1 lower case alphabet, 1 special character, and 1 number.
- After the creation of the username and password, log in to your account by clicking on the “Applicant Login” button.
Candidates can then view their dashboard and the list of available scholarships. To avail of the scholarship, please check the eligibility criteria beforehand.
- Select the scholarship that you want to avail of and click the “Apply button.”
- Enter the relevant information and upload prescribed documents.
- Submit the application.
Documents Required for MahaDBT Scholarship 2020
- Domicile certificate
- Annual Income certificate
- HSC and SSC Marks Card or certificates
- Affidavit and Aadhar Card
- PAN card copy
- Fee receipt
- College bonafide certificate
- Caste/Category certificate
- CAP allotment letter
- Hostel certificate
MahaDBT Helpline Number: 022-49150800
FAQ’s MahaDBT Registration
What is Maha DBT?
Maha DBT is a portal under the Maharashtra Government to oversee the distribution of benefits, funds and subsidies primarily meant for education (especially scholarships).
What is the portal’s official website?
The official website can be accessed at https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/
Is Aadhar necessary to avail of the benefits?
Having an Aadhar number greatly reduces hassles. It also ensures that the benefits are directly transferred to your Aadhar-linked bank account. Hence, it is strongly recommended to enroll if the candidate does not already possess an Aadhar Number.
Students can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.