- 1 Olympic Movements
- 2 Ancient Olympic Movement
- 3 Rules of Ancient Olympic Games
- 4 Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games
- 5 Awards
- 6 Modern Olympic Games
- 7 Olympic Motto
- 8 Olympic Flag
- 9 Olympic Flame
- 10 Awards
- 11 Oath
- 12 Rules
- 13 Opening Ceremony
- 14 Closing Ceremony
- 15 Emblem
- 16 Objective
- 17 Developed Value from Olympic
- 18 IOC
- 19 Members of Committee
- 20 Executive Board
- 21 IOA
- 22 CBSE Sports
- 23 Share this:
- 24 Related
Ancient Olympic Movement
- First started in Olympia valley.
- According to some evidence, it was started by the son of Zeus Hercules.
- According to some evidence, it was started by the death of the king.
- According to some evidence, it was started by celebrating the victory of god Zeus.
Rules of Ancient Olympic Games
- The competitor must be Greek.
- A punished person are not allowed.
- Women are not allowed.
- The competitor must stay in Olympia for a month.
- For participation, competitors have to do practice for at least one month.
Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games
- Players with his brother and father invited.
- Food grains and animals, poems were composed in honor of players.
- Statues were made, names were recorded.
Modern Olympic Games
- Credit goes to B.P. Decobertin.
- In starting 13 countries participated.
- Rest opposes.
- 75 players participated.
- Faster higher and stronger.
- Symbols of life and happiness.
- There are five rings.
- Colors are yellow, blue, green red black.
- Symbolize friendship.
- Symbol of knowledge life and happiness.
- This flame was started when the game starts and keep glowing during games.
- At end of games, flame extinguished
- There three awards namely gold, silver and bronze.
- There two certificates for other 2 players who come on 4th and 5th positions
- The oath is taken by flag bearers.
- Professional can and women can also participate.
- Torch lighted, flag hoisted.
- The torch was extinguished and ends with Olympic song
- 5 ring- Red, yellow, green, black, blue represent Australia, Asia, Europe, Africa, America respectively.
- To pay attention to physical education.
- To develop a personality and character.
- To develop peace among countries.
- To develop friendship among people.
- To avoid discrimination.
Developed Value from Olympic
- Fair play.
- Free from Discrimination.
- International Olympic committee
- 32 members.
Members of Committee
1) Elected by members of IOC.
2) 8years expiry
1) Elected for4 years.
2) Can be reelected.
1) Have president, vice president, and other 10memners.
- Function of IOC
1) Place where Olympic will be held decide by committee.
2) And many others work.
- Indian Olympic Association
1) Develop and promote the Olympic movement.
1) Dronacharya awards (given to coach)
2) Arjuna awards (given to sportsmen)
- Organized by CBSE.
- Completion among students of one to another school.
- Objective (friendship among all students and schools).
- The award is chacha Nehru award.
- The scholarship is also given.