Emerging Modes of Business
In this age of the internet, world commerce has gradually started linking with it. This has brought a new concept of commerce called e-commerce/e-business. Now we are capable of reaching the users of the Internet all over the world simply by opening a shop on the Internet. Internet users can order for the goods, receive their delivery and make their payment while sitting at their home on the Internet.
Scope of e-Business
It can be understood by the viewpoint of the parties involved and making transactions:
- B2B Commerce: It is that business activity in which two firms or two business units make an electronic transaction. For example- one can be producer firm and other a supplier firm.
- B2C Commerce – Business to the customer. In this one party is a firm and another party is a customer. On one hand a customer can seek information through the Internet about products, place orders, get some items and make payments and on the other hand, the firm can make a survey any time to know who is buying and can also know the satisfaction level of customers. In modern times, call centres can provide this information.
- Intra-B Commerce Within business Commerce – Under it, the parties involved in the electronic transaction are the two departments of the same business. For Example, through the internet, it is possible for the marketing department to interact constantly with the production department and get the customized goods made as per the requirement of customers.
- C2C Commerce – Customer to Customer Commerce – Under it, both the parties involved in the electronic transaction are customers. It is required for the buying and selling of those goods for which there are no established markets. For example-selling old car through the internet.
- C2B Commerce – C2B Commerce provides the Consumers with the freedom of shopping at will. The customer can make use of call centres to make toll free calls to make queries and lodge complaints.
- B2E Commerce – Companies reporting to personnel recruitment, interview and selection and training etc. via B2E Commerce.
Benefits of e-Business
- Worldwide reach- the Internet gives businessmen an extended market. New customers come in contact with them. This results in an increase in sales.
- Elimination of Middlemen – Ever since the e-Business came into existence, the wholesalers and retailers have started disappearing. Now, most of the producers have started having direct contact with customers. As a result, the consumer gets goods at less price.
- Easy Distribution Process – Many types of information and services be received on the computer through e-business. This has simplified the system of distribution and has also made it less costly.
- Lower Investment required – In this, you don’t require any big showroom or a huge investment. You need only a computer and Internet.
- Easy to launch new products – Any company can launch its new product in the market through the medium of E-Business. A complete information about the product is made available on the Internet. In this way, the consumer and other businessmen get information about the new product while sitting at home.
- The movement towards a paperless Society – Use of the internet has considerably reduced dependence on paperwork.
Resources Required for Successful e-Business Implementation
- Computer system – The presence of a computer system is the first requirement of e-Business. The computer can be linked with the Internet by just pressing its keys.
- Internet connection – Internet connection is very essential and nowadays we can get this facility by sitting at home.
- Preparing the Web Page – web page has the greatest importance in the use of e-BAbsintheess. It is also known as Home Page. Any product that is to be shown on the Internet is displayed on a web page.
- Effective telecommunication system – e-business requires an effective telecommunication system in the form of telephone lines etc.
- Cthe ash on delivery (COD) – Cash payment can be made at the time of physical delivery of goods.
- Net-bankithe ng transfer – The customer can make the electronic transfer of funds(EFT) to the account of the online vendor over the internet,.
- Credit or Debit cards – The customer can make payment for the online transaction through debit or credit card by giving the number and name of the bank of the card.
Security and Safety of e-Transactions
- Confirming the details before the delivery of goods – The customer is required to furnish the details such as credit card no., card issuer and card validity online.
- Antivirus programmes – Installing and timely updating antivirus programmes provides protection to data files, folders and system from virus attacks.
- Cybercrime cells – Govt. may set up special crime cells to look into the cases of hacking and take necessary action against the hackers.
Outsourcing or Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Obtaining Good Quality services – If a company attempts to perform all the activities itself, there is every possibility of quality of services being affected adversely. In order to avoid this difficulty, the need for obtaining services from outside is felt.
- Avoiding Fixed Investment in Services – If a company attempts to get these services from within the organization itself, it has to establish different departments for this purpose which involves a huge investment. Therefore, it appears justified to get these services from outside the organization at a little cost.
- The smooth running of the business – outsourcing of services is needed in order to run the business smoothly. The attention of the businessman gets distracted from various small things and will be focused on the main activity.
- Financial Services -These services means those outside services which help the company in some way or other in the management of finance.
- Advertising services – Advertisement is very necessary for increasing sales. If this service is obtained from outside agency, it will cost less and the quality of advertisement will also be good.
- Courier services – These services means delivering goods, documents. parcels from company to customers and vice-versa.
- Customer support service – These services mean delivering goods to customers and to give after sale services also. Generally, the manufacturers of TV, Fridge, AC etc. use these services.
KPO (Knowledge Process Outsourcing)
- It is the upward shift of BPO
- It focuses on knowledge expertise instead of process expertise.
- It provides all non-case activities.
- It has no pre-determined process to reach a conclusion.
- It offers an alternative career path for the educated.
- Research and Technical analysis.
- Business and Technical analysis.
- Business and Market research.
- Animation and Design.